Thursday, July 22, 2010

You've lost that lovin' feeling

Oh burpees.

I hate you.

I really, really do.


Maybe it's the way my stomach and diaphragm get all cinched up and make me want to vomit all over myself.

Maybe it's the way you work every single muscle in my body, from the pinky toe to the grimacing fibers in my face.

I hate you.

But Kristen has made them a Pit Stop on my fitness journey with #CFBootcamp, brought to us by Champagne Fitness.

We kicked it into high gear tonight with circuit work, doing some strength exercises capped by a run around the trees with as many circuits as possible in seven minutes. I think we maxxed out at three sets.

Circuit 1
10 pushups
10 situps
10 burpees

Circuit 2
10 squat jumps
10 Supermans ... or locusts for you yoga people
10 switching side planks
10 mountain climbers

I blasted through the first set of each circuit, busting my ass. And then that little friend of mine, whom we'll call 'lack of endurance,' caught up with me and slowed me down.

Blah.

But here's what will be fun: We'll be doing a similar workout near the end of the six-week bootcamp, giving us a gauge on the improvement of our fitness levels.

Now here's where I need help.

I typically eat before going to the gym but, most days, I have a two-hour window between dinner and hitting the weights.

With bootcamp starting at 6:30 p.m., I only have about an hour in between eating and moving.

I thought I was keeping it light with a salad and protein (steak strips) but I still got that pukey feeling.

Is there something different I should be eating?

Or should I be switching to a light snack and then dinner afterward?

That might be the best idea. Because then I may not feel tempted to stop here:


... for one of these:

Eh ... I'll make up for it at the gym tomorrow night.

DEADLIFTS!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angela,

    That's how I do it. I can't have anything in my stomach when I exercise (but I can't be hungry either) so I usually go w/ a banana or some cottage cheese/fruit before I workout, and then eat dinner afterward.

    Bootcamp sounds fun! Good luck with finding more endurance over the next 5 weeks.

    ReplyDelete