Monday, July 12, 2010

Five down, 10 to go

Admission: I still don't have all this eating stuff figured out.

I'm going to call on my friends Terri and Shelby to help me out where they can, if either of them would ever stop leaving town for weeks at a time.

Ha.

It's a bit of a battle, fighting between carbs, proteins and fats and struggling to figure out the right balance, when it isn't all set out in front of me. That was a huge benefit to the LA Weight Loss program. Trouble was, I knew I wasn't getting enough carbs or enough proteins to match my workout regimen and that's why I was feeling listless and lethargic and falling asleep at work.

However, I stepped on my shiny new scale last night and registered a 169.

One freakin' 60! I haven't been in the 160s since 2006 before I got laid off from the Sun.

And I'm pretty darn pleased with myself.

So much that I looked back at the other blog I was trying to maintain and found measurements I posted on Feb. 3.

Shoulders: 43 ... down one inch. Yippee! I generally do lose quickly in this area.
Bustline: 41 ... down one inch. Wow ... no wonder they aren't falling out of my bras as much anymore
Waist: 36.5 ... down half an inch. OK, this area goes slowly, I know.
Hips: 43 ... another half inch


Here's today:

Shoulders: 41.5 inches
Bustline: 39 ... that's two inches of back fat, folks
Waist: 33 in ... mother of freaking GOD!
Hips: 40

OK, so I'm awesome. And getting hotter every day.

My schedule didn't really allow for regular trips to the gym. But I did what I could when I could.

Here's the last round of workout days:

Day 1
3 x one minute
Medicine ball thrusters superset (SS) with weighted fitball crunches
3x15
Balance board squats SS balance board pushups

Day 2
4 x fail
Modified pullups SS pushups
4x3
Olympic squats (two plates ... I went easy)
3x10
Single dumbbell crunches

Day 3 ... Saturday morning!
4 x 10
Dumbbell swings SS jumping stepups
Dumbbell flyes SS bentover row

Am I looking forward to tonight?

Sure thing ...

Six rounds, each to fail, of balance board squats supersetted with balance board pushups, then 4x3 deadlifts, then medicine ball ab work.

Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment