Saturday, June 26, 2010

The last week

I know it's only been a few minutes since I wrote Why Keep It a Secret?, but I'm kind of in a writing mood.

I really should be working on my freelance project ... but I still have a month or so before the deadline hits. And of course, I've learned over time that I work my best when staring that deadline down with a snarl.

To further Project #Skinnybitch, I'm starting off with a high intensity program that was designed for me a few years ago by an old trainer.

It's based in compound, functional movements and it was designed to get me back up and running after surgery to repair a Bennett's joint break. I had slid into second, somehow landed all my weight on my hand and snapped my thumb off. I was out of commission for more than two months.

I figured it's a good way to get me rolling through this ... keep my heart rate up and bag the shit right out of me.

So here's how Week 1 went:

Day 1 - 3x Circuit

Medicine ball thrusters, 11 lbs, 15 reps
(Note: kind of a volleyball-esque set into the wall, followed by catching the ball in squat position)
Pushups on medicine ball, 10 reps
Fitball crunches, 15 reps
Speed squats on balance board, 15 reps

Day 2 - 3x Circuit

Push press, 65 lbs, 10 reps
Asst pullup, 10 reps
Reverse row, 5 reps
One-minute hang

Day 3 - 3x Circuit

One-arm full cleans, 25 lbs, 10 reps
Dumbbell flye, 15 lbs, 10 reps
Bentover row, 15 lbs, 10 reps
Then
Rope woodchops, 30 lbs, 12 reps
Turkish getup, 22.5 lbs, 2 reps

And now that I watch the video, I realize I was doing the Turkish getup incorrectly. Ah ... close enough. I'll get it right next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment