Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grumble, grumble, grumble ... wake up to a song

In Calgary, we woke up to snow on the ground this morning.

Snow.

On May 5.

It's enough to turn even the happiest of us somewhat homicidal.

Same goes for my classmate in journalism school. She'd call me at 7 a.m. after a ... ahem ... night on the town and, ever so cheerily, she would sing into the phone:

Good morning to the flowers
Good morning to the sun
Good morning to the children
Good morning everyone!

You know the thought that comes to mind. That's right. Eff.

So I thought 'what's a song we all know and it's just too damn cheery to wake up to'? It's easy to turn to the '80s and we all remember our blog opener from Wham!

So here's one for this morning ... the kind of song that, one a day like to today, makes me want to kick a kitten.

No matter how cheery I'm going to try to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment