Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring is in the air


You know it's spring time when random boys are tossing around the football in the park.

Consider me starry-eyed.

Oh and then there's the hacky-sack kids.


Yes, sirree ... the weather is fantastic and you get treated to two Project 52s in one weekend.

That will make up for the missed one, right?

I help coordinate a group of folks ... OK, full disclosure, I'm one of the head nerds of a group founded on Twitter, #yycphotowalk.

We are, I believe, all comfortable with our nerd status.

We irregularly schedule get-togethers for photographers of all levels to get out into the city, take pictures, socialize and maybe learn from each other. We share the links to our online albums and then encourage, prop up and inspire each other.

It's great fun and we're meeting folks from end of the city to the other ... and folks who've come to our awesome city from all corners of the world!

A terrific friend, from whom I must learn as much about life as about photography, has perused my photo albums. Julie declares my work 'whimsical' and I like that.

I have, I suppose, a childlike fascination with a lot of things ... from people to buildings to sports and photography. Just because we grow up and mature doesn't mean we have to lose sight of the things that make life fun and interesting.

In that vein, we came across an elementary school playground and spent some time shooting there.



These handles reminded me of the time in elementary school when I fell off the monkey bars and had the wind knocked right out of me.

Of course, then there was the time at Columbus Field when my elder brother Kevin tossed the swing bar toward me. I wasn't looking and it hit me square in the nose. There was blood everywhere.

I never found out whether it was intentional or not.

(Of course, I now hear my brothers all thinking 'how in hell do you remember these things?')

And yes, I did take a turn on the slide, probably the first time in 20 years.



By the way, snow in the forecast for Tuesday, dangit.

1 comment:

  1. How in hell do you remember these things?! :-)

    ReplyDelete