Sunday, March 7, 2010

Life is a highway

Don't expect that lame Tom Cochrane song all the bars played to death in the early 1990s.

Nope, I was cruising down the 22 yesterday and my MP3 player landed on another old classic.

And there I was, hands on the wheel, bopping my head around and singing at the top of my lungs.


Yeah, there were probably even a few fistpumps involved.

I was a big Bon Jovi fan back in the '80s. Truly a shocker, I'm sure. The band became too mainstream, though, and I drifted away.

This is a 2003 song ... one of the few Bon Jovi songs from the last 15 years that have caught my attention.

The words are huge ...

You better stand tall
When they're calling you out
Don't bend, don't break
Baby, don't back down

If I die tomorrow -- not anything I plan on, mind you -- I hope I remembered as someone who said what was on her mind and stood by her principles .. even if it got her in trouble.

Because it's my life.

Like Frankie said, I did it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment