Thursday, December 24, 2009

Wishing you a very Elvis Christmas

Elvis's music was a part of my youth.

My birthday was two days after he died. I remember my mother crying her eyes out while I was turning six.

Elvis was Mom's great passion.

He may have been a part of everyday life in the MacIsaac household. Like clockwork, his Christmas LP came out every Christmas.

Released in 1957, Elvis crooned to the classics such as White Christmas, Here Comes Santa Claus, Silent Night and Oh Little Town of Bethlehem.

Mom loved it when he sang the religion anthems.

But we were just kids.

And we liked it better when Dad would sing-along with Blue Christmas or when Elvis was at his rockingest best.

So here a handful of Elvis Presley-MacIsaac household memories. Don't forget to curl your lip when you're singing along, too.





No comments:

Post a Comment