Thursday, December 31, 2009

Tonight's the night

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it ...

Somehow, I have a feeling 2010 is going to be one shebang of a year. And I'm So Excited by the Pointer Sisters popped into my head.

Not only is a great happy song to put me in the mood for hosting Single Girls New Year's Eve with Danelle and Wendy, but it brings back hilarious memories, too.

You see, when I was 19 I worked at a bar, Chevy's Rock N Roll Forever, that played a lot of hits from the 1950s and '60s. Every half hour on the top and bottom of the hour, the staffers had choreographed dances to perform.

Yes, we had to abandon our customers and posts, rush to the DJ stand and dance. Totally PG-rated! Well, except for that one girl who was screwing the bar manager and refused to sport underwear beneath her mini poodle skirt.

And on the quarter hour (:15 and :45), we performed lip syncs to songs of our own choice.

This, of course, was one of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment