I formulated in my head a handful of goals for these 12 sessions that will take place over the course of the next several months.
I figure I'd better write them down before they went down the drain with the shower water.
In no particular order, I seek:
- An end to the panic attacks, the nightmares and the need for sleeping pills to drive away the two former items
- An ability to see the red flags around a person and put them in proper context, instead of just blindly accepting them
- The discipline to have just one instead of needing to drink myself into a state of numbness
- The discipline to not spend every last cent in my bank account just because those shoes make me feel pretty and better about myself
- The ability to trust
- The ability to open myself up to people but carefully enough to remain protected
- The filter to not always say what's on my mind
- The ability to enjoy the highs and tolerate the lows, instead of feeling completely out of control and hurtling off a roller coaster
Once and for all.