Sunday, January 18, 2009

So far away, but so close to home

It's been almost 13 years since I packed everything I owned into my Sunbird and drove across the country for a whole new world and a whole new life.

The Sunbird's gone, probably everything I had in that car is gone, the boyfriend is long gone ... and the girl who drove the car is, in many respects, gone.

It seems a lifetime ago and yet family and friends still want me to move back.

Be closer. We miss you.

I feel it every once in a while ... a need to be closer to family, to be closer to my nieces as they grow up, to have that sense of home.

But what if I have found home?

Sometimes I'm not sure if this is where I want to be, but home is what you make it.

And there are still too many places left to explore. Even the same place at different times of the year can bring new, wonderful sights, like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment